fredag 16 januari 2009

Hollywood & Beauty

Hey all!

Earlier today I was sitting by my computer looking at a photo of Robert Pattinson. There is no denying it; the guy is just so bloody handsome. Yes, Robert Pattinson does have lovely features (ok I am not going on about this all day even if I could).

However, my point is that he really is handsome. That is why he got the part of Edward Cullen, and not say Steve Buscemi. Beauty opens doors.

I am not saying that Robert Pattinson only got the part due to his appearance, but hey, let´s be honest here; Steve Buscemi would not ever have got that part (if one pretends that Steve Buscemi is like 20).

Beauty is important in Hollywood, but they are riding that wave because they know that it is important for us too. Have you ever seen a romantic movie with someone half-ok looking like Philip Seymour Hoffman (sorry Steve and Phil, I am just insulting everyone today).

However, the part (of Edward Cullen) required a really pretty actor. The book does say that Edward Cullen has perfect features. Robert Pattinson beat 5000 guys to get the part. Did he beat them mostly by his looks or his talent as an actor? In all of my naiveness - I am hoping for the latter one. Since I have only seen him in "Harry Potter" it would be too early for me to evaluate his work.

(Nevertheless...I believe in Robert Pattinson, I do believe him to be talanted - ever thine!)

//Lil

Ps. There seem to be a seperation between character-actors and actors in the general sense. I have only heard half-ok looking guys being named character-actors. They are not riding on their looks so they are given an extra title; character-actors (people who can actually act?)
True fact?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar